This is one of my favorite gluten free recipes I have created for my clients this year...Cauliflower crust pizza...The crust is made of cauliflower, parmesan, egg, and spelt flour. The kids will love the crust with tomato sauce and cheese, and the adults can be more adventurous with different toppings. Its pretty guilt free and actually good for you...Minus the bacon! Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Cauliflower Pizza with Shaved Brussels Sprouts, Bacon and Lemon Yogurt Cream
Makes: 4 Small Pizzas or 2 Long Flat Brad Pizza
Cauliflower Flatbread Pizza Crust
3 Cups of Riced Cauliflower
1 ½ Cups of Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 Extra Large Egg
2-3 Cups of Spelt, Oat, Millet or any Gluten Free Flour
½ Teaspoon of Salt
4 Cups of Shaved Brussels Sprouts
6 Slices of Bacon or 1 Cup of raw Pancetta
½ Cup of Parmesan, grated for the topping of the pizza
¾ Cup of Yogurt
2 Tablespoons of lemon Juice
2-3 Pinches of salt
1. In a medium sized pan, saute the riced cauliflower in a little olive and 3/4 Cup of water. Place a lid on the pan and cook it until the cauliflower is soft and the water is cooked off. Strain the cauliflower and put it in a bowl.
2. Place the shaved brussels sprouts on a sheet pan lined with parchment. Toss with 2 Tablespoons of Olive oil and a few pinches of salt and some ground pepper. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes at 450 until they are cooked a golden brown. If it is too hot you can turn the temperature down to 425.
3. In a large bowl add the cauliflower, parmesan, egg, salt, and flour. Mix until the consistency is slightly sticky but more dough like. You may need to add extra flour is needed.
4. To cook the pizza, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Oil the paper slightly. Take the dough and shape it in the desired shape…round or oblong. Make sure it is about 1/8 of an inch thin is possible. Cook it in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Cook the bacon or pancetta in a pan until it is crispy and golden. Set aside to drain on a paper towel lined plate. Chop the bacon up into thin strips.
6. Take the pizza crust out and sprinkle the brussels sprouts on it, Then sprinkle the bacon, followed by the parmesan. Place it back in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove and then allow to cool for a few minutes. Drizzle the yogurt cream on the pizza.
1. Mix the yogurt, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Reserve to drizzle over the pizza.